The Community Management panel is a control panel that will appear on the Zaption account of the administrator(s) of each site license. By accessing the Community Management panel, you can control the level of access given to your community members and guests on the Permissions tab. There are four areas in which different levels of access can be controlled. Keep in mind that these permissions are applied to all community members, including administrators.
Who can view lessons created by community members?
- Only community members and guests: Select this option if you would like to keep the community-generated content strictly limited to community members and guests. If a lesson link is shared with a non-community member, they will be alerted that they do not have sufficient permissions to view that lesson.
- Any Zaption User: Selecting this option would allow anyone in the Zaption community to view a lesson created by a community member if they are given access. Only non-community affiliated Zaption members who have been given the link, or explicitly given access, to these lessons will be able to view them.
Who can edit, clone and share copies of lessons created by community members?
- Only community members who are Authors: By selecting this option, only community members who are Administrators or Authors, not Student Authors, can alter, copy, and distribute lessons created by other members of the community.
- Community members and guests who are Authors: By selecting this option, any member of the community with authorship privileges, including guests, will be able to alter, copy, and distribute lessons created by other members of the community.
- Any Zaption user who is an Author: If the original author of the lesson has given another Zaption user edit privileges to the lesson, the Zaption users will be able to copy or edit the lesson.
Allow community members who are Authors to view and clone lessons in the Zaption Gallery.
- By checking this box, members of your community will have access to the Zaption Gallery. They will be able to view, and clone for their own use, lessons that have been contributed by the broader Zaption community. Guests of your community will have access to the Zaption Gallery if they control their own account, or are part of a community that allows them to access it.
Allow community members who are authors to post to the Zaption Gallery?
- Only community admins: By selecting this option, only administrators could post their lessons to the Zaption Gallery.
- All community members who are Authors: Selecting this option would allow any community Authors to post their content to the Zaption Gallery.
- Please note that this option will only become clickable if any Zaption user who is an Author is permitted to view and close lessons in the Zaption Gallery.
Allow lessons created by community members to be embedded on other websites.
- By checking this box, lessons created by members in your community will be viewable if embedded on sites other than Zaption, including learning management systems.
- If you plan to use Zaption with an LMS, this box will need to be checked.