Zaption Communities (site licenses) have the option of adding LTI Auto-provisioning to seamlessly create user accounts. This means that if a user opens an LTI lesson from an LMS, instead of sending them to the login/signup page, it will automatically create a Zaption account based on their LMS information and allow them to view the lesson immediately. This is only applies to users who access the lesson in the LMS if they don’t yet have Zaption account linked to the LMS and are not already logged into a Zaption account. Auto-provisioning should only be enabled for communities where almost all of the users will be accessing Zaption through the LMS. There are extra steps needed if these users want to access Zaption outside of the LMS.
A few important things to note:
Users can still access Zaption.com by…
- Logging into the LMS and launching a Zaption lesson
- Opening Zaption.com in a new tab of the same browser.
If a user who originally joined Zaption through the auto-provisioning wants to access Zaption on Zaption.com or via the iOS Mobile App, they need to create a password.
Create a Password for an LTI Auto-provision Account: Users who join Zaption through the LTI auto-provisioning will not have Zaption passwords and therefore need to create one before they can login to the iOS app or Zaption.com. Users can create passwords by following these steps:
- Log into the LMS and launch a Zaption lesson.
- Open Zaption.com in a new tab of the same browser (they will be logged-in)
- Setting a password for Zaption in Account Settings
Either way, they will then be able to login to Zaption.com or the iOS mobile app with their LMS email and the new Zaption password.
If an existing Zaption user would like to access the Zaption through an LMS, they must login to Zaption before logging into the LMS.
Linking Existing Zaption Accounts to the LMS: Community members who already have Zaption account, such as through the Member join-links, are still able to link their Zaption account with the LMS. In order to not have a duplicate account created when they access Zaption through the LMS, they must…
- Login to their existing account on Zaption.com
- Open the LMS in a new tab of the same browser
- Link their Zaption account with the LMS by either adding the LTI information to a course or clicking on a Zaption lesson in the LMS that was added with the LTI.