Zaption Presenter is a video response system that allows you to respond to questions that will pop up during a presentation that is projected by the instructor. It’s super easy to join. All you need is a device (laptop/desktop computer, iPad, tablet, or smartphone) with an Internet or cellular connection.
How to View a Zaption Presentation
- Go to zaption.com/join in a browser on any device. We recommend using a recent version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, but it should work on the latest version of any major browser. Learn more about the technical requirements.
- Enter the 5 character Presentation Code. This should be displayed on projector or in the lower right corner once the presentation has started.
- If you are not logged into Zaption, you will be asked to enter your name. This will help the instructor keep track of all the responses you submit during the presentation.
- Once you’ve joined the presentation, sit tight and wait for your instructor to start the presentation.
- When the presentation starts, you will watch the video that is being projected by the instructor. During the video, you will see interactive elements that have been added by the instructor, like text, images, or questions.
- The video will occasionally pause with a question slide. When this happens, you will be prompted to enter your answer to the question on your device. If more than one element is on the screen at once, each element will appear on its own tab, which you can toggle between.
- If you are confused or have a question at any point during the presentation, you can enter a question or comment and click the Ask a Question button. This will alert your instructor and allow them to see your question/comment.
- During the presentation, the instructor will have additional features, including the ability to display responses to questions, lock questions to prevent any more answers from being submitted, and the ability to instantly add an Open Response or Thumbs Up/Down question to the video.
- When the presentation is over, you’ll have the opportunity to rate it and review your responses. All of these answers you submitted during the presentation have been recorded by the instructor.
- Check out the Help Center to learn more about creating interactive video lessons or using Zaption Presenter as an instructor.